AIA Vitality – Guide to Rewards and Benefits
What is AIA Vitality?
AIA Vitality is a health and well being program, which provides rewards and benefits, including insurance premium discounts, for living a healthier lifestyle.
How does it work?
As a member of AIA Vitality you earn points each year for being active or having health tests.
There are four levels of points status:
- Platinum – 30,000+ points
- Gold – 20,000 to 29,999 points
- Silver – 10,000 to 19,999 points
- Bronze – 0 to 9,999 points
The more you understand and improve your health, the greater the rewards and benefits you receive.
How can I earn points under Vitality?
There are many ways to earn points. The following are just some examples:
Online assessments –
- AIA Vitality Health Review – 1,000 points
- Skin Self-Examination – 1,000 points
- Online Nutrition Assessment – 1,000 points for two tests
- Mental Wellbeing Assessment – 1,500 points for 6 assessments
- Non-smoker’s Declaration – 1,000 points
Assessments by Healthcare professionals –
- BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose – up to 6,000 points a year
- Dental check – 1,000 points
- Flu vaccination – 1,000 points
Physical Activity –
- Activity – Steps per day, heart rate, speed, calories burned – 50 or 100 points per day
- Gym visits – 100 points per visit
- Nutrition tracking – up to 4,800 points per year
- Sleep tracking – up to 2,000 point per year
What rewards will I receive?
Insurance Discounts –
- Initial 12.5% discount (15% until 30/6/2019) on all AIA Priority Protection Life/TPD/Trauma policies. This discount decreases each year unless Gold status is achieved
- Initial 7.5% discount on all AIA Priority Protection Income Protection policies, decreasing each year unless Gold status achieved
Gym Discounts –
- Anytime Fitness – 10% discount on membership fee and up to $100 cashback per quarter
- Fitness First – 30% discount on membership fee and 20% cashback per quarter
- Virgin Active – 50% off “Active Me” membership fee
Other Discounts –
- Fitness Devices – 25% discount on Fitbit and Garmin devices
- Healthy Gear – 30% discount on Jaggad apparel
- Flight Discounts – at least 10% discount on Virgin flights. 2 flights a year discounted according points status: Bronze 10%, Silver 20%, Gold 30%, Platinum 50%
- Endota Spa Discounts – discounted e-Gift cards – Bronze 20%, Silver 30%, Gold 40%, Platinum 50%
- Hoyts discounts – 50% off 6 movie vouchers per month
- For each 5,000 points earned you receive shopping vouchers for Myer, Ticketmaster, Woolworths, Rebel or Dymocks. The vouchers are issued for amounts of $20, $40, $60, $80, $100, $150 and $200 i.e. the last voucher of $200 would be received at 35,000 points.
- $5 voucher per week if Active Benefits target met – this can be spent at Boost Juice, Hoyts, Woolworths or iTunes or donated to charities Black Dog Institute, Cancer Council Australia or Diabetes Australia
How easy is it to reach Gold or Platinum status?
Reaching 20,000 or 30,000 points can be easier than you think.
Someone who is moderately active and completes the yearly health assessments could achieve the following:
- Online assessments – up to 5,500 points
- Health assessments – up to 8,000 points
- Gym visits – twice a week for 48 weeks – 9,600 points
- Steps target per day – twice a week for 48 weeks – 9,600 points
This is a total of 32,700 points in a year. Once Platinum status is reached you could receive 50% cashback on a Virgin flight to Los Angeles! In addition you could receive shopping vouchers of up to $650 a year, half price movie tickets and gym cashbacks.
How much does a Vitality membership cost?
If you purchase an AIA Priority Protection Life, TPD, Crisis Recovery or Income Protection insurance policy with a minimum premium of at least $300 a year you can add a Vitality membership for $10 a month or $120 a year.
Not only can you take out financial protection for your family and yourself, you can also receive rewards for your healthy lifestyle through Vitality.
To obtain quotes for AIA insurance policies which include Vitality click Compare Quotes Online below.