What is AIA Vitality?
AIA Vitality is a health and well being program, which provides rewards and benefits, including insurance premium discounts, for living a healthier lifestyle.
How does AIA Vitality work?
As a member of AIA Vitality you earn points each year for being active or having health tests.
There are four levels of points status:
- Platinum – 30,000+ points
- Gold – 20,000 to 29,999 points
- Silver – 10,000 to 19,999 points
- Bronze – 0 to 9,999 points
The more you understand and improve your health, the greater the rewards and benefits you receive.
How can I earn points under Vitality?
There are many ways to earn points. The following are just some examples:
Online assessments –
- AIA Vitality Health Review – 1,000 points
- Skin Self-Examination – 1,000 points
- Online Nutrition Assessment – 1,000 points for two tests
- Mental Wellbeing Assessment – 1,500 points for 6 assessments
- Non-smoker’s Declaration – 1,000 points
Assessments by Healthcare professionals –
- BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose – up to 6,000 points a year
- Dental check – 1,000 points
- Flu vaccination – 1,000 points
Physical Activity –
- Activity – Steps per day, heart rate, speed, calories burned – 50 or 100 points per day
- Gym visits – 100 points per visit
- Nutrition tracking – up to 4,800 points per year
- Sleep tracking – up to 2,000 point per year
What rewards will I receive?
- Initial 12.5% premium discount (17.5% for new AIA customers) on all AIA Priority Protection Life/TPD/Trauma policies.
- Initial 7.5% premium discount on all AIA Priority Protection Income Protection policies.
- These premium discounts decrease each year by up to 2.5% unless Gold status is achieved. If Platinum status is achieved the discounts will increase by 1% a year, up to a maximum of 20%
- An additional 5% premium discount will apply if AIA Health insurance is also taken out.
Gym Discounts –
- Anytime Fitness – 10% discount on membership fee and up to $100 cashback per quarter
- Fitness First – 30% discount on membership fee and 20% cashback per quarter
- Virgin Active – 50% off “Active Me” membership fee
Other Discounts –
- Fitness Devices – 25% discount on Fitbit and Garmin devices
- Healthy Gear – 20% discount on Jaggad apparel
- Flight Discounts – at least 10% cashback on Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines flights. 2 flights a year (one of which can be international) will receive cashback according points status: Bronze 10%, Silver 20%, Gold 30%, Platinum 50%. (Conditional on having completed an AIA Vitality health check within the last 12 months and being a member for more than 90 days). NOTE: This benefit is currently restricted to domestic flights due to COVID-19.
- Endota Spa Discounts – discounted e-Gift cards – Bronze 20%, Silver 30%, Gold 40%, Platinum 50%
- Hoyts discounts – 50% off 6 movie vouchers per month
- For each 5,000 points earned you receive shopping vouchers for Myer, Ticketmaster, Woolworths, Rebel or Dymocks. The vouchers are issued for amounts of $20, $40, $60, $80, $100, $150 and $200 i.e. the last voucher of $200 would be received at 35,000 points. Alternatively you can choose to have your reward deposited directly into your Commonwealth Bank account
- $5 voucher per week if Active Benefits target met – this can be deposited in your Commonwealth Bank account or spent at Uber, Uber Eats, Google Play, Woolworths or iTunes or donated to charities Black Dog Institute, Cancer Council Australia, Youngcare The Forktree Project or Diabetes Australia. You can also use this reward to fund an Apple Watch purchase.
How easy is it to reach Gold or Platinum status?
Reaching 20,000 or 30,000 points can be easier than you think.
Someone who is moderately active and completes the yearly health assessments could achieve the following:
- Online assessments – up to 5,500 points
- Health assessments – up to 8,000 points
- Gym visits – twice a week for 48 weeks – 9,600 points
- Steps target per day – twice a week for 48 weeks – 9,600 points
This is a total of 32,700 points in a year. Once Platinum status is reached you could receive 50% cashback on a Virgin flight to Los Angeles (when current restrictions are lifted)! In addition you could receive shopping vouchers of up to $650 a year, half price movie tickets and gym cashbacks.
How much does a Vitality membership cost?
Vitality membership costs $11.50 a month or $138 a year when added to an AIA Priority Protection Life, TPD, Crisis Recovery or Income Protection insurance policy with a minimum premium of more than $540 a year.
If you also take out a new AIA Health insurance policy the Vitality fee will be waived and you will receive a 5% discount on your other AIA insurance policies.
Not only can you take out financial protection for your family and yourself, you can also receive rewards for your healthy lifestyle through Vitality.
Note that Vitality membership for REST super members ceased on 30th April 2020. A Vitality membership can be applied for with an AIA Life, TPD, Crisis Recovery and Income Protection insurance policy and/or AIA Health Insurance policy.
To obtain quotes for AIA insurance policies, with the Vitality fee and discounts built in, click Compare Quotes Online below. Or request more information about AIA Health Insurance.
Important Information: Insurance Watch will receive a one-off $250 activation fee from AIA for Vitality memberships taken out by its clients.