Why do I need Life insurance?
Could this be you?
Each year thousands of Australians are injured, suffer a serious illness or die unexpectedly. Statistics from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare show that 1 in 3 men and 1 in 4 women will be diagnosed with a malignant cancer before the age of 75.
If this happened in your family would you be able to afford:
- The cost of a proper education for your children?
- The monthly mortgage payment?
- The cost of additional home help?
- The living expenses of your current lifestyle?
- Sufficient retirement savings?
The loss of family income and increased medical costs may force the sale of the family home, the sale of other assets or the running down of savings. Your hopes of giving your children the right start in life may be dashed. Your family may no longer be able to afford life’s little luxuries. Insurance can help you to protect against such a scenario.
When should you consider whether you need insurance?
Any time is a good time to review your personal situation. However there are certain events during life which should prompt consideration of cover such as:
- Getting married
- Having children
- Buying property or any other asset involving debt
- Starting your own business
- Setting up a Self Managed Super Fund
- Putting together a Financial Plan
You should review your insurance needs at least annually to take account of changes in your circumstances. Use our Life Insurance Calculator to estimate your insurance requirements.