Why is Trauma Insurance cover important?
Trauma insurance cover (also known as Critical Illness insurance) pays a cash lump sum if you are diagnosed with a serious medical condition such as cancer, stroke or heart attack.
Trauma insurance is intended to relieve financial pressure so that you can focus on your recovery. The trauma cover payout can be used to:
- Pay out-of-pocket medical costs (not covered by your health insurance)
- Cover living expenses and childcare costs while you are recuperating
- Keep up debt repayments and possibly pay down debts
- Make lifestyle changes such as reducing work hours or increasing family time/holidays
Compare trauma insurance policies and save 20%*
If you compare trauma insurance quotes online and buy a new policy through Insurance Watch we will refund 10% of your premiums in the first and second years of your policy. Find out more about the 20% Insurance Watch Reward Offer
How do you know which are the best trauma insurance policies?
Trauma cover varies widely. We don’t just compare quotes, we also compare the benefits offered by a range of policies so that you can find the best trauma insurance cover to suit you.
We compare 40+ trauma insurance policies highlighting:
- Number of benefits provided
- Medical conditions covered
- Partial and full trauma benefits
- Standalone or including death cover (with or without buyback option)
- Star ratings based on product features and trauma definitions
- Full Product Disclosure Statements from the insurers
We also compare insurers offering trauma insurance cover
Using claims statistics from ASIC and APRA we compare insurance companies based on:
- Trauma claims acceptance rates
- Average claim time in months
- Number of claim disputes (per 100,000 policies)
Read 800+ customer reviews and see which insurance company ranks the best for:
- Customer service both during and after a trauma insurance application
- Experience when making a trauma insurance claim
Also you can Compare insurance companies based on:
- Most recent awards